With an average user rating of 4.9 from twelve (12) users, the 12th place in our list is taken by the Burris Droptine Riflescope with Ballistic Plex .22 Reticle.
This 12.2 inch long with a 1″ main tube riflescope from Burris showcases a simple design that is really quick and super easy to use.
It features the Ballistic Plex™ reticle which is the most simple, effective & elegant trajectory-compensating reticle for hunting.
The high-grade optical glass provides excellent brightness, clarity and lasting durability. That is because the lenses used in this riflescope are comparatively larger than other brands, thus, light collection is better and more efficient.
The multi-coated optics used in the Droptine offers superb low-light capability and glare resistance which would result in a higher success rate for the user.
Other interesting features:
- The focus is set at 50 yards and reticle is calibrated for .22 LR ammo
- The Ballistic Plex reticle has holdover for precise snap shots at extended ranges.
- The eyepiece, which has a no-slip grip, is durable and integrally designed for easy adjustment in the field
- Positive steel-on-steel adjustments ensure repeatable accuracy
- The scope tubes is nitrogen-filled to prevent internal fogging even in cold and rain.
- It is relatively lightweight, only weighs thirteen (13.0) oz.
- Shockproof. This is a result of the combined 1-piece solid outer tube and precision internal assembly which got double springs specifically tensioned to withstand and survive shock and vibrations of even the heaviest-recoiling calibers.
- The turrets are low profile and can be easily adjusted by your fingers
- The separate eye piece and power ring allow for flip-up lens caps.
- It is covered by the Burris Forever Warranty™.
- Objective Lens Diameter: 48 mm
- Clear Objective Lens Diameter: 40 mm
- Ocular Lens Diameter: 39 mm
- Field of View: 33 low – 13 high (ft. @ 100 yards)
- Eye Relief: 3.1 – 3.8 in.
- Exit Pupil: 13 low – 5 high (mm)
- Elevation Adjustment, Total Capability: 50 MOA
- Windage Adjustment: 50 MOA
- Adjustable Parallax: None
Reviews and comments from users are always a welcome critique when you want to buy something so we are including it here as well. Below are some comments made by actual people who have used the 3-9×40 Burris Droptine Riflescope with Ballistic Plex .22 Reticle:
- “The ballistic plex reticle works great.”
- “I was hitting steel accurately at 100 and 150yds using the ballistic plex hold overs. I am happy. I also like that I can re-zero the turrets.”
- “This scope is optically bright, excellent quality and excellent accuracy. Very pleased once again.”
- “This scope does not disappoint. Great clarity. Well built. I really like the ballistic plex reticle. Fun to use past 25 yards. I want another for a different .22lr now.”
- “You just can’t beat the clarity and quality of Burris, and this scope, at this price, is unbeatable.”
- “Good clear scope, easy to zero. I am satisfied.”
- “Very clear images, in night time too. I like it, excellent optics.”
- “It is well made with a bright and clear picture. Ballistic plex is very nice.”
Whew! Those are really exciting comments above. Users are really ecstatic with the Droptine riflescope from Burris.
In the 11th position, we have a tie between Leupold 115389 Mark AR MOD 1 Rifle and Leupold 110802 VX-2 Duplex Rifle Scope with 8.8X Magnification, 3-9×40-Millimeters, Silver Finish. They are both rated at 4.9 by seventeen (17) users.
Leupold 115389 Mark AR MOD 1
The Leupold 115389 Mark AR MOD 1 features a 1” main tube that is water-proofed by a combination of a proprietary Argon/Krypton gas blend. It comes with a Mark AR MOD 1 P5 dial that is easily adjusted to suit your needs.
The lenses are coated using Leupold’s Multicoat 4 system to increase the amount of light that reaches your eye for crisp and quality images. It also reduces the reflections of the sky on the outer eyepiece.
- Field of View: 33.5 low – 14.1 high (ft. @ 100 yards)
- Eye Relief: 4.3 low – 3.6 high (inches)
- Windage adjustment: 52.00 MOA
- Elevation adjustment: 56.00 MOA
- Overall length: 12.6 inches
- “Good basic and rugged scope that is wide and easy to get eye relieve, crisp image and decent low-light performance.”
- “Top notch quality for the price.”
- “Accurate and easy to zero.”
- “Love this scope, easy to adjust and dead on at 100 yards.”
Leupold 110802 VX-2 Duplex Rifle Scope with 8.8X Magnification, 3-9×40-Millimeters, Silver Finish
At about twelve and half inches long and weighing only 11.6 ounces, the Leupold 110802 VX-2 Duplex Rifle Scope delivers the performance and features that all serious hunters demand.
The quality of optics, brightness, clarity and contrast are good even for low-light situations because of the upgraded multi-coat 4 lens system that is capable of up to 94% light transmission in all conditions.
With its tactile power indicators, you can determine the scope’s magnification even without removing your eye from the eyepiece.
It also has finger-adjustable click windage and elevation dials. Focusing the reticle is also fast and easy with the externally threaded fast focus eyepiece.
The body is rugged and features a 2nd generation argon/krypton waterproofing integrity. It is also fogproof.
One really great feature about this model is the generous eyebox. It makes it faster and easier for you to get your eye behind the scope and achieve a clear picture of your target. Setting up for longer shots or close ups is really easy with the VX-2 because of its flexibility.
The lens have blackened edges that helps reduce unwanted glare and diffusion thus, providing you a better resolution of the image.
- Field of View: 34.6 low – 14.6 high (ft. @ 100 yards)
- Eye Relief: 4.2 low – 3.7 high (inches)
- Windage adjustment: 52.00 MOA
- Elevation adjustment: 52.00 MOA
- Overall length: 12.6 inches
- “The scope is great. I especially like the Lifetime warranty that comes with LEUPOLD”
- “Looks great on my stainless Remington 700. Excellent clarity and excellent quality”
- “Looks great on my SS Ruger Hawkeye. Not a perfect match but close enough. Glass is clear, reticle sharp. Crisp, audible clicks, a pleasure to bore sight. The dials are nicer in these regards when compared to a Vortex Diamondback, and I’m admittedly a Vortex fan. Light transmission and clarity are excellent, low light conditions are not an issue for this scope. As always, Leupold delivers, and with a lifetime warranty you can’t go wrong.”
The features of this scope, the comments from actual users and the high user rating make this scope one of the best choices out there. Although the finish is silver, it would complement whatever color your rifle is.
In 10th place is the Leupold 110798 VX-2 Riflescope, Wide Duplex Reticle, 8.80X Magnification, 3-9×40-Millimeter, Matte Black Finish with nineteen (19) users rated it at 4.9 stars.
With Leupold’s proprietary MultiCoat 4 Lens System, this VX-2 scope gives you unparalleled brightness and extremely sharp resolution across the entire visual field.
Combined with its Wide Duplex Reticle that has a larger center gate, it enables you to have lightning-fast target acquisition, even on a moving target.
Other great features:
- Tactile power indicator. Allows you to determine scope’s magnification pretty easily.
- Waterproofed by 2nd Generation Argon/Krypton gas blend
- Index Matched Lens System which eliminates reflections and maximizes light transmission
- Generous Eyebox which makes it easier for you to get your eye behind the rifle scope
- Blackened Lens Edges which provides better and improved resolution/contrast
- Externally Threaded Fast-Focus Eyepiece giving you faster focusing of the reticle in any conditions
- A 1” main tube that is made of 6061-T6 Aircraft Quality Aluminum for durability
- Durable Lens Cover that protects your scope from dirt and damage from external elements
- Field of View: 34.6 low – 14.6 high (ft. @ 100 yards)
- Eye Relief: 4.2 low – 3.7 high (inches)
- Windage adjustment: 52.00 MOA
- Elevation adjustment: 52.00 MOA
- Overall length: 12.6 inches
- “The best scope for the money…Great quality in all situations. Awesome with dusk and dawn light levels.”
- “…this was SO much sharper than my Zeiss. WELL worth the money and shipping”
- “This scope also works great in low light conditions that are typically an area of concern for those of us that hunt…I regret buying less expensive scopes that have resulted in wasted money and time.”
- “Great solid scope for the money. Worth the investment. Optics are clear and do not fog up. Great investment for a good rifle. Looking forward to many years of use.”
- “I placed this scope on my new .308 Savage Hunter 11 rifle and it looks great. There are three things I love about this scope. 1) The adjustment knobs don’t need a coin to turn, a simple twist with your hand is all that’s needed. It’s easy to count and know how many clicks you moved the sight. 2) The wide duplex reticle is better than the original duplex sight because it allows you to place your crosshair on the target without taking away some of the view due to the thick black lines. 3) Lifetime warranty on all Leupold products so you’re not wasting your money.”
- “…The quality of the optics is amazing. The build and materials are top-notch. Light transmission is around the best I’ve seen (gas filled chamber, high-transmission multi-coated optics).”
- “Beautifully made scope. Very clear glass, and holds zero. Mounted on .223 700 I am very pleased…”
Having a 4.9 rating from twenty-three (23) users, in ninth (9th) place is the Leupold 115370 Mark AR MOD 1 Rifle.
The details, specifications and other related features for this model are essentially the same as for our 11th ranked model, the Leupold 115389 Mark AR MOD 1, so no need to repeat it here. The only difference being the reticle as the 115370 has a Firedot-G TMR (Illuminated) reticle.
The TMR is an expansion of the traditional Mil Dot. It features various sized hash marks which are spaced at increments of 0.5 mil along the vertical and horizontal stadia for increased ranging precision and accuracy. The FireDot-G features daylight-visible green illumination.
The TMR reticle subtends exactly like all existing mil dot reticles and generations thereof, but with greater accuracy. All existing mil dot calculations and formula tools are compatible with the Leupold TMR design.
- “… The illuminated reticle (center dot-green) has several settings from good light to no light. This particular scope came highly recommended for those that want a good workman’s optic with functionality, quality and durability… Leupold makes higher end models but for anyone looking to reach out with their AR platform weapon or similar rifle, you could not do much better than this.”
- “I put this on my M&P 308 and it is just right. The optics are nice and clear, the eye relief is very good, gets plenty of light and the “Firedot” is the only way to go. If you are looking for an easy to target mid-range scope this is a nice way to go.”
- “The FireDot is a great for low-light shooting/hunting. The red dot of a black hog shows exactly where my point of impact will be. Only negative (and a 1 star deduction), no automatic turn-off of the FireDot to save battery life. Lightweight scope that is perfect for my hunting ARs. Excellent glass. Plan to use with my 6.8, 270AR and 308 ARs when hunting.”
- “I’m loving this 3-9×40 Mark AR MOD 1 scope as it is my third Leupold. The glass is very clear, and mine has the green fire-dot reticle that has adjustable brightness and is easily seen morning to dusk…This scope and mount is hard to beat, try ’em- you won’t have any regrets.”
- “Installed this on a Rem. Tactical in .223. Custom stock, Warne rings and a zero MOA base. Puts hole in each other at 100 yards. Nailed a coyote at 75, 125, and 169 yards. Add the 3″ sunshield for a bad looking set up. Very happy and pleased. But it’s a Leupold!!!”
- “Crisp clear green dot for aging eyes. Bought a second one, shortly after first purchase.”
- “Great optics even in very low light indoor shooting range. See the target at 100 yards in low light. Used the lowest light reticle setting and also off. Clarity is awesome. I also bought the recommended Leupold Scope Mount, and was right on target at 100 yards out of the box!”
Getting a 4.9 average rating from thirty four (34) users, the Nikon ProStaff 3-9 x 40 TRT APG Camo Riflescope (BDC) has secured the 8th position in our rankings.
This scope from Nikon boasts of its quality and unique features that can be found in other high-end brands yet comes at a price that is very affordable.
This compact riflescope comes with fully anti-reflective multicoated optical system that transmits up to 98% of available light that ensures your target is the only thing you see. This is pretty much unheard of in similarly priced scopes.
The BDC (Bullet Drop Compensating) reticle features unique see-through ballistic circles that deliver an incredible advantage for long-range shooting, yet allow a normal sight picture for shorter-range shots. It also lets you hold “dead on” at ranges up to 600 yards.
It has a precise hand-turn 1/4-MOA click adjustments that lets you zero in quicker and maintain settings even with heavy recoil.
It also integrates a zero-reset turret into the riflescope for simple and easy field adjustment. Just sight in as usual, lift the spring-loaded adjustment knob, rotate to your zero and re-engage.
The shockproof housing is waterproofed by O-ring seals and Nitrogen-filled for fogproof performance.
This models comes in a Realtree APG Camo HD finish for effective concealment. It is a lighter, more open, more neutral-toned and more contrasty than other camo options.
- Exit pupil: 13.3mm (Low), 4.4mm (High)
- Field of view: 33.8 (low), 11.3 feet (high) feet @ 100 yards
- Adjustment graduation: 1/4 MOA
- Max internal adjustment: 80 MOA
- Parallax setting: 100 yards
- Overall length: 12.4 inches
- Carries a lifetime warranty
- “…I was amazed with the clarity, and ease of use. The drop compensator works great for long distance shots…”
- “Very clear and attractive scope. In one of my hunting trips, few minutes from dark, I had a friend looking through the scope and he was amazed of seeing a popcan at 80 yards! ….He finished that hunting season with a Nikon on his rifle”
- “Great, inexpensive scope for deer hunting. The camo fits well with the TC Encore Pro Hunter. At the range, the scope zeroed easily and has held well so far. I like the zeroing turrets for hunting and the little built in range finders are an aid when things get to moving in the field.”
- “This is my seventh Nikon scope, have not had any problems. Not a Zeiss, but close (25% of the cost). Only dislike are the plastic turret caps. Would recommend.”
- “I got this for my 10/22 Camo TD. It matches perfect in color and the optics is very clear…”
- “Bought this scope to mount on my M&P15 300 which is also done in Realtree AGP. Perfect match! Optics are typical Nikon (have several other Nikon scopes, all are excellent). Mounted this scope to the rifle using the CCOP high Profile AR ArmourTac Rifle Scope mount Rings that I bought on here as well. Great combination, very solid mounting and looks great. Haven’t had the scope long enough to comment on how well it’s holding zero, but if my other Nikon scopes are any indication, holding zero won’t be an issue.”
- “Got this on an AR 15. I’m very happy with it, hogs, coyotes and deer have all been claim for this scope. I’m tough on gear. This takes a beating in the rack in the side by side with no worries.”
The 7th place is the last of our 4.9 rated riflescope. This position is taken by the Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope, Matte Black, Duplex Reticle 110797.
This is the third VX-2 model to appear in our list. The product rating came from sixty five (65) users.
All other specs, features and related descriptions are the same as our 10th and 11th ranked VX-2 riflescopes. However, the difference is that the VX-2 model 110797 employs a duplex reticle and has a matte black finish body.
- “I have numerous of these scopes, all worth every dime! The new VX-2 is on par with the old VX-3. I don’t think that there is a scope company with better product support. A friend of mine ended up having a problem with a scope after 10 years of hunting. He sent it back they returned it to him good as new. My son somehow broke a mount while shooting. They replaced the mount and checked out the scope free of charge and sent it all back to him as good as new.”
- “I considered several scopes before I decided to go with this one. I looked at the Nikon Buckmasters, Leupold VX-2 and VX-3, and Zeiss Conquest. I decided to go with this one after a ton of research and my own opinion from observing them at the local stores. The only other Leupold I have owned was an older Leupold Vari-X III 4.5x14x40. This VX-2 is superior to that scope. When I compared the new VX-2 and VX-3 in stores, in the same dimensions, for whatever reason, I thought the VX-2 was brighter. I wear anti-reflective prescription glasses and maybe that is why, but I thought the eye relief was better and the picture was brighter with the VX-2 when considering all of the other choices. I have now mounted my new scope on a Remington 600 Mohawk .308 with an 18.5 inch factory barrel. The gun is short, but not really light, so I didn’t want to weigh it down with a heavy scope. The VX-2 is super light, very bright, has a crisp picture, does not fog up easily (when it does a little, you can still see fine)…I am very happy.”
- “…I love the sleek design and low profile and the clarity is perfect! Sighting in this scope at the range was easy and took only a few rounds to get a 1″ grouping. I took a very nice 8 point buck in West Texas literally minutes from darkness my first time using the scope on a hunt and the brightness was great! There are nicer scopes out there but this is a great scope for the money! The scope comes with the rubber scope caps, which is nice to keep the lenses protected.”
- “Can’t beat Leupold for the price and quality. Picked the right scope for my Ruger American .308. Glass is perfect and light gathering is better than expected. Mounted this scope using proper scope alignment techniques and lapped the scope rings. With this scope, consistently shooting sub-MOA out to 300 yards and MOA at 400 yards (itching to go out to 500 yards). Although I’ll probably never take a shot beyond 200 yards (deer/elk hunting), it’s nice to know I can “reach out” if needed…Perfect scope for my needs.”
- “Scope works great. Good eye relief and lets in a lot of light. I can easily see a .22lr bullet in a low light overcast day at 30 yards. I have used it on my .22lr and my slug gun and worked great on both.”
Here’s the start of the 5-star rated riflescopes. In 6th place is the Leupold Rifleman 3-9X40Mm Matte Wide Duplex 56160 with the average rating coming from five (5) people.
The Leupold’s Rifleman is an accurate, durable, and reliable riflescope that features a Wide Duplex reticle and a wide FOV for rapid target acquisition.
The repeatable accuracy is due to the rugged, 3x Leupold lens erector system. The fully coated lens system produces a clear and bright picture in any lighting conditions. It also has a generous eyebox that makes it super easy to achieve a full, clear view of your target.
Windage and elevation adjustments are easy to implement as well with the friction dials that are marked in 1/2-MOA increments.
The body is rugged and absolutely waterproof. The durable matte black finish resists nicks, scratches, and abrasions.
For your sense of security, this scope is covered by Leupold’s Golden Ring Full Lifetime Guarantee.
- Overall length: 12.3 inches
- Field of view: 32.9 (low) – 13.1 (high) feet at 100 yards
- Eye relief: 4.2 (low) – 3.7 (high) inches
- Elevation adjustable range (MOA): 56
- Windage adjustable range (MOA): 52
- “I have tried a lot of rifle scope so far with this price you can’t go wrong. Excellent for its value.”
- “Bought scope for sons 30-06 he was very happy with it…it was well worth the wait”
- “Great scope at a great value… been wanting to get this scope for a long time now. I am extremely pleased with it. You can tell it is very well built.”
- “Great scope at a great price! Very happy!”
Ranked number five (5) in our list is the Tasco World Class 3-9x40mm Matte with six (6) people giving it 5 stars.
The Tasco World Class riflescope is one of the longest scopes in our list with a length of 12.7 inches. Although it is one of the longest, it is not that heavy though – it only weighs 13 ounces.
It is built with Advanced Monotube Construction which makes it shockproof. It is rugged, dependable, waterproof and fogproof.
The lenses are all fully-coated using Tasco’s SuperCon™ multi-layered coating delivering more light for the brightest and clearest possible image.
As of this writing, the Tasco World Class scope is the cheapest in all of the scopes in our list. The price of this scope is way below hundred dollars and six customers are really happy with it.
- FOV: 41 (low) – 15 (high) feet
- Parallax setting: 100 yards
- Overall length: 12.7 inches
- Windage/Elevation adjustments: ¼ MOA
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- “…great optics for a very affordable price. Very clear even at higher magnifications. Would have preferred a side focus adjustment instead of the AO. Holds zero very well, I have two of these scopes; one is on a .308 and the other on a 30-06. No complaints at all. Would recommend to anyone. No longer do you need to spend double of what your rifle costs for a scope. Thank goodness.”
- “For the price you can’t beat it for small bore rifles…”
- “… bore sighting was easier than other scopes that have used.”
- “nice scope for the money…”
Coming in at 4th place is the Nikon INLINE XR BDC 300 Riflescope, Silver, 3-9×40 with nine (9) users rating it at 5 stars.
The Inline XR incorporates a breakthrough technology that makes 300-yard shots a reality for hunters.
It features Nikon’s patented BDC 300 reticle with a unique, open circle design that makes long-range shots easier.
It can also be fully optimized to match the drop of virtually any sabot load with its Spot-On Ballistic Match Technology.
This model from Nikon has the longest eye relief of all the scopes in our list – a consistent 5” eye relief. This keeps your eyes and brows safe even against the heaviest recoil.
The optic lenses are all fully multi-coated for maximum light transmission so it can be used from dusk till dawn.
It offers precision ¼-inch adjustments, quick focus eyepiece and spring-loaded instant zero-reset turrets. It is waterproof, fogproof and shockproof as well.
- “Took two deer this past deer season with this on a TC Impact. One @ 30 yards and 1 @ 155 yards. I zeroed this @ 100 yards and went two balls down and it hit right where I was aiming. The optical clarity of this scope is amazing. It gathers tons of light. I have since put two more Nikon scopes on my other rifles.”
- “… I really like the scope…really hunter friendly. Have not try the Nikon spot on .. but look like the bdc is also good for hold over. The only con on the scope was that the turret cover are plastic…”
- “Clear and crisp….as good as scopes three times the cost. Would strongly recommend this for muzzle loader hunting. A ”
- “Excellent scope. Good glass, clear and great light transfer in low light.”
With thirteen (13) people rating it 5 out of 5 stars, the Bushnell 353940B Elite 3500 Doa 600 Riflescopes Series Box, 3-9 X 40, Matte came in at 3rd place.
In our analysis and opinion, feature-wise, the Bushnell Elite 3500 has the most versatile all-around, big game hunting scope configuration in all of the scopes in our list.
It offers excellent performance for the real world hunters at a price that is unbelievably cheap.
Although this scope is one of the heaviest in our list, it only weighs a shade over one pound, so it only adds a minimal amount of weight to your rifle when mounted. Let’s have a look at its features now, let us start with its optics.
It offers a very sharp, outstandingly clear and incredibly bright optics. The lenses undergone exclusive ultra wide band coating process that uses sixty (60) layers of coatings on each lens to boost light transmission. This translates to optimum brightness during those closing minutes of shooting light when targets or game animals are most active.
The optics are also coated with the patented rain guard HD coating which acts as a permanent barrier that repel water to maximize light transmission, giving you clear view in conditions that would make untreated optics unusable.
The reticle for this scope is a DOA 600 CF reticle. It is dead-on-accurate up to 600 yards. It also has ¼ MOA audible and resettable windage (located on the right hand side, center of scope) and elevation (located on the top, center of scope) adjustments at the center of the scope.
The eyepiece is fast-focus which can be adjusted by turning clockwise or counter-clockwise to give that desired sharp view for your particular vision.
The one-piece, 1-inch tube body is constructed and torture-tested to withstand recoil of the heaviest magnums. It is also purged with Argon to ensure 100% shock proof, waterproof and fogproof performance.
Oh, and if something happened, this scope is backed by Bushnell’s Full Lifetime “no questions asked” warranty which gives you peace of mind.
- Field of View: 33.8 (low) – 11.5 (high), feet/100 yards
- Parallax Adjustment: Fixed
- “… the quality is nice and it works as expected during the day… tested it out at dusk and was still able to see clearly…”
- “…the scope actually looks much, much better than it appears in the picture… this is a wonderful scope for the price… This scope is very solid and well made. The fit and finish is great, and everything functions smoothly and accurately…”
- “..I can fault not one single thing on this scope. It is solid, clear, and beautiful. I love the DOA reticle, and I was able to easily see a gong target at over 420 yards on 5 power. The reticle is great, the lines fine at the center, but very dark and clear… making for much easier target acquisition at distance…”
- “…I find the DOA reticle extremely easy to use…”
- “…it is well made and performs very well. Overall build quality is very good. It has solid, heavy construction and seems about the right weight for the class of scope. It maintained its zero well even riding around in a truck for a week. It has good repeatability, returning to the correct position when making windage and elevation settings adjustments. The windage and elevation dials are smoother than others which I liked… The metal dial caps work great.”
- “The optics are clear with great light gathering. The reticle stays sharp and the picture does not develop distortion, mirage or blur in low light conditions. It transitioned well to multiple distances…”
- “Zoom adjustment is easy even with gloves. In testing it held its zoom being firm but not overly hard to adjust. Focus holds fine while zooming. The anti-fog coating and seals works well and didn’t even fog coming inside from freezing temps.”
- “…It offers clarity and super-sharp optics for today’s hunter or shooting enthusiast… Comparing clarity and price, the Bushnell beats all competition and offers excellent performance for a decent price.”
- “I appreciate the waterproof aspect as well, also the scope end covers to protect it when not in use. The covers are linked together to help keep from losing them. The HD layering also makes the scope fog-proof, a boost for inclement weather conditions…”
With all its amazing features and wonderful product warranty, this is really an incredible rifle scope for the price – indeed a great one for the money! We highly recommend this one!!!
With a rating of five (5) stars from sixteen (16) users, the Hawke Sport Optics Vantage 3-9×40 AO Mil Dot Riflescope 14123 is the runner-up in our list.
The Vantage scope features 11-layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity. It also has adjustable objective so you can correct your view against parallax errors.
As most scopes in our list, it also has a 1-inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength. The low-profile “no-snag” fingertip turret is adjustable by ¼ MOA. It is as well equipped with fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring.
The classic Mil Dot reticle features multiple aim points for hold-over and hold-under. Accurate mil spacing on 10x, featuring 4 Mil Dots in each direction.
- Focus/Parallax: Adjustable Objective – 9m / 10 yards to Infinity
- Field of View: 39 (low) – 12.7 (high), ft @100yds
- Waterproof, Shockproof, Nitrogen purged.
- “…I am very pleased with its optical and build quality and have no problem recommending this scope.”
- “… The quality of this scope for the price is very surprising. I have not shot more than 300 pellets yet so hoping it will hold zero but no reason to think it won’t.”
- “… We were sighting in the 3×9 and my buddy noticed that he couldn’t make out the bullet holes though his cheap 3×9 scope. They were easy to see through the Hawke scope. With the parallax adjustment and the reticle adjustment you can bring distance objects into focus as well as the crosshairs. It’s hard to tell the difference between this scope and a Vortex or Leupold.”
- “The price was great and the optics were very clear. Was surprised with the quality of this scope, something you don’t see anymore. I am using it on a spring air gun and not a problem after 1000 rounds it stayed zeroed…”
- “I thought the Nikon 4-12×40 mil dot scope was a great optic, which it is…after I received my Hawke sport vantage 3-9×40 and did a comparison, the Hawke edge out the Nikon. The OA is very clear at 9x power from 10 yards to 100 yards…”
Rounding up our Top 12, in 1st place, is the Vortex Viper 3-9×40 BDC Reticle Riflescope with a 5-star rating from twenty two (22) users. It is a very flexible scope that is ideal for Big Game, Muzzleloader and slug hunting.
It features an accurate Dead-Hold BDC reticle that helps remove guess work on hold-over and windage corrections. The BDC reticle provides aiming points that compensate for windage over long distances. When shooting at varying ranges, estimating hold-overs won’t be a problem with this scope as well.
It also incorporates MAG-View adjustment lever that allows easy changes in the magnification even when you’re wearing bulky hunter’s gloves.
The optics has XR anti-reflective coating and XD premium high-density glass that produced clear and crisp images. The 95% light transmission capability of the optics makes this scope perform well even in low-light conditions.
The body is made of aircraft-grade aluminum construction which makes the scope durable and with the premium grade Teflon resin bushings, your scope is guarded against corrosion, temperature change and stress cracking.
To keep a great performance on the field, this scope is purged with Argon making it waterproof, fogproof and shockproof so you can enjoy your time hunting those targets even in the most extreme conditions.
- Precision-Glide Erector System
- Precision Force Spring System keeps windage and elevation adjustments smooth
- ¼” MOA. click handturn reticle adjustments
- Sleek low-profile turret style
- F.O.V. feet @ 100 yards: 35.5 (low) – 12.2 (high)
- Overall length: 12.4 inches
- Vortex VIP Lifetime Warranty
- “If you’re looking for a 600 dollar scope, this is it for half the money…”
- “This scope is fantastic, very clear glass, great in low light, well-constructed, just a little on the heavy side, but that is a sign of quality. Great customer service and cannot beat their warranty. Craftsmanship is also great, scope is very nice to look at as well.”
- “…Really sturdy good glass high clarity decent reticles not too heavy.”
- “Very clear optics! Highly recommend!”
- “Perfect scope for my .270, make sure you lap your rings prior to installation. Best value in scopes by far, very good quality lenses. Low light isn’t a problem.”
- “I’ve owned this scope for 2 years… It’s awesome for its price range. There’s better out there, but you’ll pay a lot more to get it…”
- “…I can see things through this scope in low light situations that are barely even visible in other cheaper scopes like a Tasco…”
- “Amazing product. Glass is clear, smooth transition when changing between powers, great warranty, awesome customer service…”
- “I have Nikon Monarch and Zeiss Conquest and must say, this scope far exceeds both. Took this out hunting this season and when the dark evening starts to diminish the light, I could still see the critters from this scope. Perfect, perfect, perfect…”
Well, a great scope, with great user reviews and awesome warranty – what could go wrong?! The Vortex Viper 3-9×40 BDC is indeed an excellent value for money! Truly deserving of the top spot!!!