Another one in our list of the Top 5 Minox Binoculars is the Minox BV 10×42. This is a full-size waterproof binocular with high-quality and state-of-the-art optics.
We shall talk about the features and specifications of this binocular and try to dissect each one of them for your reference. So just sit tight there as we take you for a ride with the BV 10×42.
Product Description and Review
The Minox BV 10x42mm is designed as an outdoor binocular.
It is an ideal all-purpose companion for nature observers and hunters who would want the smallest detail possible of images in the field.
In the subsequent sections, we will discuss in more details each of the features of the BV 10×42.
Allowable Operating Temperature
Pretty similar to the other Minox binocular models, the BV 10×42 is applicable to operate on a temperature range of 14 °F to 122 °F (or -10 °C up to 50 °C).
This is very important to take note of so you won’t end up compromising your binoculars. Remember not to use your binoculars outside these boundaries!
It has fully multi-coated lens system that delivers very high light transmission and minimizes stray light, giving you superb image resolution and contrast resulting to beautiful life like images.
It has a very wide field of view of 420 feet per 1000 yards (or 140 meters @ 1000 meters (8.0 °)) so you won’t miss out on those amazing views and images, even those birds flying fast in the sky!
The front lens diameter is 1.3 inches (33 mm) and with a magnification power of 8x, this results to an Exit Pupil Diameter of 0.16 inch (4.1 mm).
The Close Distance focus capability of this binocular is 8.2 feet (2.5 meters) so you can actually look at some interesting objects more than a couple of meters away from you.
The BL 8×33 comes with a fix magnification of 8x which also means that you don’t have the capability to vary the power. The 8x means your view is magnified eight (8) times compare to when you view an object using just the human eye.
For most general outdoor purposes, the 8x magnification is more than enough for you to enjoy views and sceneries.
The body is made up of “space-age polycarbonate” material which is fully encased in a shock dampening non-slip rubber armoring. This makes the BL 8×33 rugged, ergonomic yet looks really professional.
The binocular is nitrogen purged to eliminate internal fogging and the entire optical assembly is sealed for waterproof performance down to a depth of 16 ½ feet (5 meters).
The physical size of the BL 8×33 is 5.43 x 5.11 x 1.77 inches (138 x 130 x 45 mm) – that is, Height x Width x Depth – and it only weighs 22.9 ounces (650 grams).
So you would realize that this binocular is really compact and light. It will fit snugly on your small outdoor bag.
Another great feature of the BL 8×33 is the adjustable twist-up eye cups. The twist-up capability makes for an overall eye relief of 0.69 inch (17.5 mm).
This is a pretty generous eye relief and is available for everyone – for those who wear glasses this is a welcome feature.
Take note as well that all BL HD models are shipped as standard with a neoprene strap and robust carrying field-case so you don’t need to buy these items as separate accessories.
Other Technical Specifications:
Diopter Adjustment: +/- 4 dpt.
Twilight Number: 16.2
Design: Volkswagen Design
Following are some of the things we note as advantages of the BL 8×33:
- One-handed operation
- Great optics (clear and crisp images)
- Wide field of view (FOV)
- Proven German design
- Relatively cheap
- Generous eye relief
- Compact and lightweight
- Fix magnification – if you want a binocular that you can adjust the magnification, then this is not suitable for you.
User Reviews and Feedback
It is always great to hear from users who have had firsthand experience with the BL 8×33 that is why we lined up the following feedback from people who have actually purchased and used the product. Check them out!
- “This is a nice set that you can carry on while you walk or do other things. Great and clear optics and the range of the BL 8×33 is pretty good!”
- “This binocular is exactly what I expected. It has the perfect balance between reasonable size, weight and brightness. It has excellent optics that you can use when travelling or going outdoors.”
- “It has exceptional clarity and brightness for the money! This is well-made and great for birding and other uses where you would prefer a wider field of view. It is mid-size and fits easily into a daypack. The overall quality is impressive considering the cheap price.”
- “This is a pair of crystal clear binoculars! Easy on the eyes and easy to focus. The construction is pretty solid and the objects you see is as clear as if it were just in front of you. It would be hard to find something like this one for the same price!”
- “The BL 8×33 are great binoculars. It is reasonably compact and very comfortable to hold. The view is clear, bright and sharp! This is really a good value for the quality and price.”
- “This binocular is really lightweight and easy to handle. The eye relief is great for eye glass wearers like me. Optical performance is excellent with no color fringing and sharpness to the edge of the image. There is little difference between this and other high-priced brands. You can save your money buying this than other expensive models!”
As you can see from the reviews and comments, users are in common in saying that the Minox BL 8×33 is a great binocular. They are totally satisfied with this pair of binoculars from Minox
Summary & Conclusion
The Minox BL 8×33 is a compact, lightweight, mid-size range binocular that is packed with lots of features and comes with outstanding optical quality.
It perfectly fits the definition of “high quality performance with a value price”. Based on user evaluations and reviews, this is indeed a great binocular model price-wise and performance-wise.
We highly recommend you check out this highly-rated binocular. Click here to see the BL 8×33 product page.
If you do not like the BL 8×33, you can click here to go back to our listing of the Top 5 Minox binoculars and check out the other binoculars in our list.