Zeiss Conquest HD Binoculars
In their goal to combine the company’s well-known quality with the latest optics technology at a very attractive price, Zeiss has introduced into the market the Conquest HD line of binoculars.
Made in Germany, the Conquest HD binocular models boast of unparalleled design combining high-quality optics and outstanding product ergonomics to give you amazing performance in the field.
The Conquest HD’s are perfect all-rounders, meaning you could use them on almost every outdoor applications.
These models have specially formed handling surface and a large focusing wheel making them a breeze to operate.
What Are The Different Models of Zeiss Conquest HD Binoculars?
The models available are:
|Size||Applications Suitable For
||4 Stars||5 Stars||4 Stars||5 Stars||3 Stars||1 Star||5 Stars||8×32 Review
||8×32 Product Page
||4 Stars||5 Stars||4 Stars||5 Stars||3 Stars||1 Star||5 Stars||10×32 Review
||10×32 Product Page
|8×42||5 Stars||4 Stars||5 Stars||4 Stars||4 Stars||4 Stars||4 Stars||4 Stars||8×42 Review
||8×42 Product Page
|10×42||5 Stars||4 Stars||5 Stars||4 Stars||4 Stars||4 Stars||4 Stars||4 Stars||10×42 Review
||10×42 Product Page
|8×56||2 Stars||5 Stars||3 Stars||2 Stars||2 Stars||5 Stars||5 Stars||2 Stars||8×56 Review
||8×56 Product Page
|10×56||2 Stars||5 Stars||3 Stars||2 Stars||2 Stars||3 Stars||5 Stars||2 Stars||10×56 Review
||10×56 Product Page
|15×56||4 Stars||4 Stars||4 Stars||3 Stars||2 Stars||2 Stars||5 Stars||2 Stars||15×56 Review
||15×56 Product Page
In a nutshell, the 32’s are the compact models while the 42’s are the all-rounders and the 56’s are the twilight specialists.
If you only use your binos for general outdoor activities and you only need an on-the-go piece that fits nicely into your pack, you might want to settle for the compact version (i.e. the 32’s).
If in case you’re that person who wants a general-purpose pair, the 42mm all-rounder version will be the perfect fit for you. It’s applicable for all outdoor applications as they got the best average star rating for all possible applications and the detail it gives you even at long distances is pretty amazing.
If you’re hobbies involve doing something in the twilight times (like hunting and astronomy), the 56mm models are the ideal companion for you. They are very impressive under low-light conditions, offering the widest fields of view and maximum brightness.
5 Reasons Why The Zeiss Conquest HD Binocular Models Are Such Great Products?
Here are five (5) remarkable facts on why would you expect great things from this Zeiss binocular series
1. High Quality Lenses.
With the HD lens system incorporated with the Conquest HD series, it’s like having light in the darkness. The tried and tested ZEISS T* multilayer coating system ensures that light transmission is optimum giving you high-definition views and images with neutral color reproduction and amazing detail even in twilight conditions.
2. Clarity & Detail.
Remember that song from the movie Armageddon, “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing”? Well, with the Conquest HD series, you won’t! With its great optics offering maximum brightness and wide field of view, you will enjoy effortless viewing with detailed insights even at long distances so you won’t miss a thing!
3. Comfort & Style.
Binoculars are not just about lenses, it’s also about the overall design & ease of use and the Conquest HD’s are perfectly balanced with regards to this aspect. It comes with a comfortable focus system with a large focusing wheel which ensures stress-free handling, optimum grip and accurate focusing even when you’re wearing gloves. The eyecups are also slightly slanted to give you observation comfort.
4. Easy Maintenance.
The lenses of the Conquest HD models underwent Zeiss’ patented LotuTec® coating system. This coating ensures that water simply rolls off the lenses and dust or dirt can be easily removed without a trace by gently wiping it.
5. German Quality.
With every Conquest HD binocular model, you will have a German engineered and manufactured product so rest assured that you’ll be using a high-quality and high-performing piece of equipment for your outdoor activities.
Here’s a short video as well (on the right side) that summarizes the qualities of the Conquest HD range. Go and watch it!
What Are The Specifications of the Zeiss Conquest HD Binocular Models?
From the table below, you’ll find the technical specifications of the various binoculars in the Conquest HD series. Would prove really handy to know the details of each model and if you want to compare each model side by side.
As you can see from the table, the general features of this series from Zeiss are:
- All of the models have high-definition lenses
- The water resistance is up to 400 mbar (or 4 meters or 13 feet)
- All models have LotuTec coating
- Fogproof via Nitrogen-filling
- The diopter adjustment is the same for all models at /- 4 dpt
- Allowable operating temperature range is from -20°C to 63°C
The eye relief features of these binoculars are also pretty good with the compact 32’s having a 16mm whilst the 42’s & 56’s both have it at 18mm. The IPD’s are also generally suitable for most people with the 32’s & 42’s @ 54-74 mm while the big 56’s are from 57-74 mm.
Are The Conquest HD Series Binoculars Durable?
Another great thing about the Conquest HD models is their durability. And this is not only because the manufacturer says it so but because these binoculars have undergone all sorts of actual durability testing in the field and the results are truly amazing.
Check out below the various extreme durability tests were talking about:
- For the first test, the Conquest HD is placed on the roof of an ATV which they then accelerated until the binoculars fell off. The binoculars landed on the forest floor and rolled over. When checked, the only thing recognizable is some dirt and a very few slight scratches. The functionality is unaffected at all.
- In the second test, they put the binoculars on a wet, solid ground and have it run-over by a two-and-a-half ton off-road vehicle. The binoculars went under the tires twice and yet it was neither warped nor have a broken housing. The adjusting rings still worked properly and the lenses remain crystal clear after cleaning.
- In the third trial, they dropped the binoculars from a height of 3.5 meters hitting several rods until finally landing on a leafy-ground. After the test, the binoculars are still totally functioning.
- The fourth test done was dragging the binoculars tied to a tow bar of an all-terrain-vehicle for over a mile with a speed of sixty (60) kms/hr. The damage on the binoculars is quite bad and the sling swivel was lost. The inner systems though still remain properly functional.
- The fifth durability test was they fed the binoculars to a dog. They rubbed it with salami and gave it to the dog to be chewed for 13 minutes. Visible marks from the fangs can be seen on the binoculars but none of the bites went through the rubber housing. After a short time, the marks disappeared and everything on the binoculars still works fine.
- The next test done was they placed the binoculars under ice-cold water for up to three minutes. After the test, there is no sign of water penetration and the view from the HD glasses is impeccable!
- For the last test, the binoculars are placed on a stub and was fired at with a caliber 2.7mm lead shot from twenty-five (meters). The bullet became stuck in the rubber armor and so the binoculars have no inner damages.
These extreme trials proved that the Zeiss Conquest HD series binoculars are extremely robust and made of high-quality materials that can withstand actual situations and conditions in the field.
Summary & Conclusion
In this article we’ve laid out various things about the Zeiss Conquest HD line of binoculars and as far as quality, performance and durability are concerned, there is no doubt that these binoculars from Zeiss tick all the boxes.
On the quality aspect, we pointed out that the optics used for this series is of high standards and the design and manufacturing of this binocular is done in Germany so expect a high-end quality product.
Performance wise, the different models oozes with great functionality and clear optics thus, you’ll enjoy every moment with the Conquest HD binocular series.
With regards to durability, there’s no question that the materials used with these binoculars are of very high quality as shown by the various durability tests performed on it in the field.
The price of the Conquest HD binoculars suit the middle range so considering the quality of product you’ll be getting, which is an entry into the Zeiss premium class, this is really an outstanding value for money!
With its uncompromising design, outstanding optics, smart ergonomics and durability at a very competitive & attractive price, we highly recommend you check out these binoculars from the Zeiss Conquest HD series.
Never has so much features and performance been available in this price class – it would be pretty hard to match the things that the Zeiss Conquest HD binoculars have in store for you! Truly a great innovation in quality, performance and price!